Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Cricket Investigation

Introduction and Background Research:
          Crickets are very interesting creatures.Crickets need a variety of materials in order to stay alive. They need food to eat, they also need water, warmth, and a god place to lay their eggs. Crickets are omnivore meaning they eat both plants and meat. Such as fungi, decaying plant materials as well as organic materials. They almost feed on anything.The difference between a male or a female is that

Question: Do crickets prefer fruits and vegetable?

Hypothesis:
                I have a very strong hypothesis and I think that it will bring great success. My hypothesis is that crickets will eat both fruits and vegetables because they are omnivore and to define that term which means that animal or creature that eats both plant and meat.

Experimental Setup illustration:






       On the right side you will see what my group and I has been working on for a few days. We had to investigate a crickets by creating a testable question which was : do crickets preferr fruits over vegatable? Well our data table said it all. On the bottom right you will see a data table, the method we chose to use was the trail method we chose that specific method because it was the most easiest task to accomplish. My hypothesis was that crickets will eat both plants and meats because they are ominovers. Well was my hypothesis correct? My hypothesis was correct because the cricket eat bot fruit and vegtable however the cricket seems to preferr fruit more and I guess it is more sweeter.






CONCLUSION:
            
                    In this investigation I have learned how to use different methods when I was invloved in an investigation on the observation of crickets.Hopefuly we can study more investigations and write more testable question and work  it out by using on of the methods that David,Nik, and Jamie showed us.

No comments:

Post a Comment