Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

This Week in Science #15 Milestone

This is Elyse and I trying to figure out how the pasta sticks is going to stay in.
 Well, this week we only had two classes but we accomplish many things. On Wednesday, we were asked to create a video introducing ourselves to our 10th grade teacher. We had to answer some questions that was on David's blog. Such as : how did you like your teacher? How did you improve in science from the beginning of the year to the end?Then ,we accomplish that task we went up to the roof and shot the video that introduces ourselves for our 10th grade teacher. After that, we came down and and upload it to our blogger and our Google docs and drag it to our science folder. On Thursday, we had had done a marshmallow challenge again.We have done it already for 2 times one in  September and November. But we had to do one in May to see how our group work skills have improved and how we comprehend and use what we have learned to make a free standing tower with just a marshmallow a brown bag and spaghetti sticks. In the picture above we had to build a free stand marshmallow but we could talk and we had t communicate by note pads. However this has change tremendously because the first 2 time that we could have talked and communicate with each other all you heard was screaming and you should do this or but maybe we should try it this way. So the third try gave us a opportunity to try to expand our mind and see how well we communicated with each other. It so happen that our group communicated  and we related  by using hand gestures which was very interesting. The graph shows the data about how we did for the 3 trials and how it affected us. We were the 'Quadruple Threats' a it is shown that our data went up on the second trial an on on the third trial it shows that we wasn't working together and mainly I  taking over but I let them put their ideas in which was kinda mean but someone has to take over some of the time.In the last picture it shows us working together as a team and showing that anything is possible with team work. 
                         Am you better at working in groups now? Worse? How? Why? Well,I mean I never liked working in group and I don't this it is my strongest suit but I have to say I am better at working in groups because I use to not listen to what someone has to say and just do my own thing because that is just a natural instinct. So therefore working in groups will help me in the real life when I have to work with collages.  Do you like working in groups? Why or why not? Personal I don't like working in group because if you are finish with one thing and the person is do I just don't have the time and patience to get it done  with you. I guess I am just an impatient child, and it is really hard for me to explain what I am thinking and write it in to words because I would make any sense and you would get confused so yea. I hate working in groups but if I have to I will.                        I have learned that their are going to be obstacles in the way.But you shouldn't distract yourself and you should focus on your goals in life. In Science I have also learned to "Never let the fear of striking keep you from playing the game", which is an inspirational quote that I admire because in science or any other subject just because you fail at test or did something wrong in your experiment you stop trying. You keep striving until you meet the goal and success you want to etc. 
                       

This is a graph of every ones data over the past  3 trials.
                                                               This is us working in to a group trying to be happy as we work            together.

No comments:

Post a Comment